Friday, October 17, 2008

Journalism



Lately i have been thinking of maybe doing something in school for Journalism. By no means do i want to be a journalist for a living after school but i would really like to take some classes on it and just learn about it. I don't know where this idea came about but it really seems promising to me. In all reality, i probably won't do anything as a career that i go to college for. I just feel like why go through college by going by the idea of working to get the degree as the key to your career. I would rather enjoy the years i attend college and learn new things that i can use throughout my life then focus on one primary thing that backfires on college kids half the time. I think i just really enjoy learning about all different kinds of things. I'm sure for the rest of my life i will have the mentality of wanting to learn. You can never learn too much, there's always something new and interesting that you had no clue about the moment prior. People have always told me that i always know the most random little things about something unusual and im finally starting to realize that i enjoy that quality. I would not doubt it if i attended college for triple the amount of time the normal person attends college for. The idea of being able to takes classes on so many different things is overwhelming. There is so much to learn and i want to put myself out there and get a taste of everything in my lifetime. In June, i will be moving to northern California to Humboldt County where im going to attend community college for a year to claim residency then transfer over to HSU and i have been planning on taking some courses of wildlife. I think once this move happens it will open many gates for things. I have been reading alot about the "gonzo" way of living proposed by Hunter S. Thompson and i think its taking a toll on me haha.

No comments: